About the Tough Cookies Blog
Life can be hard, but it’s also sweet. My hopes are that the Tough Cookies Blog will grow into a community of people who are resiliently optimistic in the face of life’s struggles. Together, I think we can bring hope, happiness and peace to those around us.
Here’s what this blog is about:
- Eating well (on the YUM! scale and for nutrition)
- Actively enjoying life through exercise and social activities
- The ULTIMATE power of good friends, family, and love
- The joy of entertaining and cooking for others
- Self-acceptance, balance and overall health
- Empowering others to be their best selves
- Traveling to experience new cultures and gain a broader perspective of life.
My name is Tiffany Blair Casey. I’m a truth-seeking Christian, peace-loving feminist who’s a flawed human being just like everyone else. I like chocolate, wine and the great outdoors. I’m married to my college sweetheart. We met in creative writing class 10 years ago. (No kids yet, but we have two cats — Jack and Milo– who are spoiled rotten). I’m a strong, opinionated woman, but I don’t expect life to be perfect. When things get tough, I believe in leaning into the struggle, to let life teach me how I can improve.
Interfaith and intercultural dialogues have the power to bring our communities together for greater solidarity and peace.